1. When beginning a workout you must first be realistic about your goal setting, then you have to use wisdom when you start your workout because you don’t want to start and then quit. If it’s an hour workout, you only want to do 15 to 20 minutes and each day add 2-5 minutes to the workout and soon you will be doing a whole 45 minutes to an hour workout and that’s good. It’s like learning how to go from crawling to walking, from walking to jogging, from jogging to running and from running to sprinting.
2. If it’s a weight lost program people are involved in, I believe they have to get away from “getting the body in shape”. They first need to start with the mind and the will because that determines how long they will last and how far they will go to achieve their goals.
3. You have to watch the negative thoughts that your senses create in your head and the words that come out of your mouth because you are who you say you are and you can’t go beyond what you say about yourself or what you think about yourself. Have you ever said, “that’s too hard, I’m too uncoordinated, I’ll never be able to do that.” I would first like to say, whose word do you believe the most, you own, whose word do you know the most, your own. So, if a negative thought is coming out of your mouth, you can’t go beyond who you say you are. So think about what you say before you say it.
4. You have to put on the power because if you don’t put it on, it won’t go on by itself. It’s the same way when you flick the light on in your house, you have to flick the switch inside yourself, otherwise, you have no power, so be encouraged, not discouraged understanding we all make choices, good ones or bad ones.
5. In everyone’s life we all need to be rejuvenated in our lives, no matter if it’s physical fitness or life situations. So watch the words that come out of your mouth, watch your thoughts, ideas and suggestions, guard your mind and will because sometimes your 5 senses come knocking at your door and say, “hey what’s up, time to get into some trouble”, that’s when your mind and will have to put on the breaks and say no, because that’s a 24 hour job. Remember you have the power, you just have to do it.
T - total commitment to whatever you do A - awareness of yourself and the world E - the Excellence, the truest goal in anything you do B - the body as a force for total challenge O - obedience to your will and your true desire for challenge (ビリーブランクス）
T - 自分がすること全てに全力をそそぐ A - 自分自身と周りのもの全てを意識する E - 卓越すること、自分がすること全ての真の目的 B - 全てに対する挑戦への力としての体 O - 自分の意思と挑戦したいという欲求に服従
それはともかく、ビリーのTae Boのビデオ・ＤＶＤはなんと１５０以上もあるそうです。しかもオリジナルのTae Boは２０年以上前に発売されたとのこと。２０年！ビリーさん、２０年もやってきているんですねえ。これまでのTae Bo のビデオも、情報収集が可能な限り紹介していくつもりです。